Taigh Nan Caorach
Taigh nan Caorach (House of the Sheep) stands by the riverbank at the Highland Club Fort Augustus Abbey. This self-catering cottage is beautifully decorated and equipped for a relaxing and enjoyable family holiday or for couples looking for a romantic break.
Taigh nan Caorach is, in addition, a pet friendly holiday accommodation and is moments away from the on site Boat House Restaurant.
- Strictly no children under 12 years old.
- Well behaved pets very welcome but must be specified on booking form – name and type – rules apply
- Two bedrooms sleeps four
- Two bathrooms
- Gas central heating and wood burning stove
- Free unlimited Broadband and Wi-Fi
- TV and DVD player
Large entrance hall:
with room for coats and shoes leads to the bright open plan living room, Kitchen and Dining Area. Patio doors leading out to the patio, equipped with table and chairs. This is a wonderful sun spot with views over the river and woods. Inside, gas central heating with a lovely wood burning stove, so also perfect for a winter break.
Open Plan Living Room:
With the lovely wood burning stove, TV (Freeview) and DVD player, unlimited Wi-Fi and books.
The good-sized kitchen is fitted with granite worktop, fridge/freezer, gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer and a full complement of high quality kitchen equipment and utensils such as coffee maker, kettle, blender and toaster. The dining table seats six.
Both bathrooms have a bath, the en-suite also has a shower cubicle with power shower. Both bathrooms have heated towel rails and hair dryer. The family bathroom is downstairs with shower over bath.
The master bedroom:
has a king-size bed, a built in double wardrobe and en-suite bath/shower room.
The twin bedroom has 2 comfortable beds and a large wardrobe.
Extras included in booking:
Full use of all Highland Club facilities incl. heated indoor swimming pool – click here for more details.
Gas and electricity.
All bed linen and bath towels.
Hairdryer, diswasher and washer/dryer.
Pets very welcome by arrangement.
Reviews of Taigh Nan Caorach
- "What an incredible spot - will def be coming back! This little gem is something everyone should experience." Anderson, May 2022
- ".....cottage is just perfect......plenty to do......Abbey staff are excellent......all in all at least 5 stars!" The Campbells and Beau, Isle of Lewis
- “.....Spacious house perfectly placed by the river - with ducks and rabbits for company - short walk to Fort Augustus - highly recommended.....” Helena, June 2018
- ".....really well stocked with everything you need.....rooms and hallway are really spacious which feels even more luxurious.....exactly what we were looking for.....looking forward to going back to play giant chess.....overlooks the river which is very relaxing. And just round the corner is the best view of the loch......” Nicole, October 2018
- ".....Great location, fabulous accommodation with great facilities..... Would definitely recommend." David, June 2019